10 Things Every College Freshman can Relate To

20.9.16

Hey Lemon Squad! Are you a member of the squad? Join in the fun here! How are you all doing! It feels like an eternity since I last posted something even if it was just yesterday! Recently the workload that I've had to deal with has been weighing me down a bit, I've even uttered the words, "What exactly is the point of College?"
I still have to put in work! The wierd thing about the semester is how fast it's running and how it still seems as though we haven't fully resumed yet! The irony of second semester. While with some friends we started having a discussion about being freshers and I'm sure anyone who has ever been to Uni can relate with any of the following:

1. How to make new friends: we all want to feel as though we are a part of something, to know we aren't alone thus the profound quest for "Day 1's" and real OG's

2. Feeling homesick and missing close friends: I don't know about you but I miss my mom like crazy!! We can't help but miss our families back home, or our Secondary School friends.

3. Adapting to a new life: Adapting to a new system of living can be a bit of a hassle, especially if your schooling in a new city from were you grew up in. You have to adapt to a new way of life without loosing yourself in the mix.

4. Finding suitable accommodation: Can I get a "Preach!" up in here! Searching for accommodation is truly the quickset way to get your gray hairs in! I'm in my second semester and trust that the hunt has already started. Its dangerous to place your trust on school hall of residence, not the most comfortable places to live in. Its nicer when you stay at a place that is conducive for you. A joint accommodation is the way to go when it comes to paying rent, plus these are people you've chosen to live with

5. Sharing a room with new people: Read no 4!

6. Coping with academic workload: this one is a given, from the day you start your registration till your first semester examination, the workload mounted on you is insane! Sometimes and I speak from experience I find myself thinking "Ahah now! Life is not this hard!" Although to be fair it really isn't hard, I'm just still new to this so it feels like a ton has been dropped on me.

7. Pressure to become romantically involved: I talked about this Here. It's one of those things that shouldn't matter but do, especially to people who were single in secondary school! For real tho take a chill pill!

8. Having sufficient money: Money money money!! Who doesn't need money in their lives, I know I do! Can I get an Amen!

9. Coping with new found freedom and responsibilities: I believe this title is self explanatory. The key actually is to find balance, I spoke on that Here.

10. Missing how easy it used to be: Yup, so true! I tell my brothers everytime to enjoy life in secondary school and how their workload is not actually load! The minute your in college you do everything your self -literarily.

I want to know your thoughts and some of your experiences as Fresher's in a new environment in the comment box below
Let's keep in touch

You Might Also Like

1 Thoughts

  1. My whole life right here. Especially getting new friends as I'm quite choosy when it comes to that. I just like observing for a while before knowing who and who I can flow with. Registration stress? Oh boy, I just tried to stay positive throughout that period and it helped! After my first year when we were 8 in a room, I can't imagine doing it all over again so I basically stay alone now steadily coping with the boredom. What school are you? I'm guessing Unilag.
    Laitanbee Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Don't go just yet! Share your thoughts with me, please?

more

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Tweets

Follow My Bloglovin'

Follow

Instagram