Wednesday Crush #8 ||Bella

5.4.17



Hey Lemon Squad, I'm so excited for this Wednesday Crush... It's a Wednesday late, I know, forgive me but life and school got in the way and my Email box was giving me a headache. I was able to interview Bella of IamBrownie.com who is an incredible inspiration to young women around by just being herself. She oozes confidence and style effortlessly. Here's how it went down:


Tell us about yourself, your visions, creations in as little to many sentences as you want?

My name in Annabel but I've been called Bella or Brownie so much sometimes I forget my real name. I'm a life + Style blogger but in lay man's terms, I make a living off being myself and photographing/documenting my life,lol. My vision is to create a safe space where my Brownies can be themselves unapologetically.


Last thing that made you cry?
My birthday! There was so much love around me, I couldn't take it!

Tell us about your tattoos and which of them is most sentimental? (Yup, that's each tattoo)
Haha! This is the first time I'm being asked about this! Here we go:
1. My pelvic piece. it says my dad's birthday and 'Omo Solo' with roughly translates to Child of Solo which is my daddy's name.
2. My Side Flock piece. Nine birds representing 9 defining moments i've experienced with no regrets (that's as personal as I can go with that one)
3. My side rib piece. It says ' This too shall pass'. I got this when I was in the depths of my anxiety and depression. It felt like a form of penance and looking at it was uplifting at times
4. My wrist piece. It's a wish bone. I got this with one of my best friends in the world, because of an experience we both shared. it reminds me of a pinky swear among friends.

If you were to pick one place you'd rather be, where would it be and why?
Tanzania. I love the old buildings, the blue seas and the overwhelming culture there. I could live as an island gyal!


Describe your work ethics and how you plan on taking The Brownie Cakerie further (P.s when is it coming to Lagos?)
I'd like to say I'm quite driven but just as frustrated. I'm a university student and although I love my course, it often stops me from running after opportunities that come way. My plan is o take things slow and steady until I graduate this time next year then hit the ground running! Brownie's Cakerie will be in Lagos before 2020!

Most sentimental item in your wardrobe?
My gold Bracelet from my mother. I wear it every single day

If you could have one super power, what would it be and why?
I'd like to be a healer or a catalyst so I could actually help people around me just by being myself,lol

If you could meet any two fashion icons, who and why?
I'm going to have to say Rihanna (I know) and Audrey Hepburn. Rihanna's style cannot be boxed or pigeon holed which I love and Audrey is timeless.

How do you manage school, life, The Brownie Cakerie, Moss, Blogging, You Tubbing, Social Media? (Pls like how?) I just prioritize. I don't always get to do what I want when i want to but I comfort myself in knowing that there is a time and place for everything and any opportunity that belongs to you will never stray so far away.

Your Woman Crush?
Woman Crush has to be my mum! She broke her leg recently and she still refuses to sit down! I think she deserves it/

Fave Bloggers/Vloggers?
This one is tough. I love so many! Asiyami Gold, Fisayo Longe, Annie Drea on YT, Sisi Yemmie, Tuke Morgan, Grace Alex, Efik Zara, Trisha Paytas, Jeffrey Star, Lizzie Loves, Jackie Aina, Monica Style Muse, they are plenty!

How would you describe the stage you’re at now in your life ?
I'm in the stage of 'Becoming'. I now know what i want to be, where I want to go and all the logistics are in play. It's time to start the journey, you know?

Advice for girls such as myself on becoming themselves? Like appreciating who they are w/o needing anyone else's validation.
Get to know yourself, both  the good and the bad parts. When you know your strengths and weaknesses, no one can make you falter. Improve what you can, accept the rest and make the best of whatever situation. Most importantly, never stray from God. if you lose him, not much else matters!



My favorite part of the interview is a slot I call fill in the blank spaces.

If I had _1 billion pounds_ I would retire to _Zanzibar_ (LOL)

I would pick _Haribos_ over anything, any day

If _Moses_serenaded me to _any romantic song_ I would cry
I were a Kardashian, I'd definitely be _Khloe_


This was so much fun! I'm so sorry it came this late! thank you for picking my brain!

Did you enjoy reading this? Leave a comment below.

You Might Also Like

2 Thoughts

  1. Lovely interview, I'll also be khloe if I were a kardashian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely need a Khloe in my life. She has such a big heart. Thank you for checking out my blog🙌🙌💜

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Don't go just yet! Share your thoughts with me, please?

more

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Tweets

Follow My Bloglovin'

Follow

Instagram