More than a Stereotype (Les be Honest)|| #POBAL7

7.10.16

I just found out I'm a Lesbian! I'm obviously joking!! But I'm not joking when I say that I've been holding out on this post because petty is not my thing but this had to be said and if you have a girl bff, you can relate, simply put I'm a stereotyped lesbian.



Lately, I and my best friend have been getting the 'L' word thrown our way which to me can get very annoying because now you find yourself in a position where you feel the need to prove your sexuality to ignorant people who don't even understand themselves.
The thing that annoys me the most is you both can be innocently holding hands and automatically you are a Lesbians. I understand now why Oprah said that people are so used to women hating and competing against each other that it's easier to believe that two girls who want to genuinely see each other win are lesbians than actual friends.
It annoys me that guys can hold hands and even grope each other yet no one throws the gay card but two girls hugging screams "Lesbians!!" especially in Nigeria, I know you see it too!
I and my best friend are just that- best friends, don't be screaming lesbian around me when it's an innocent move, I really can't stand ignorance! 

What's the dumbest thing you've heard about yourself?



Let's keep in touch



You Might Also Like

4 Thoughts

  1. I cannot even count the number of times I've been referred to as a lesbian because I'm super close with my besties!
    Hehe
    One of those silly things you just shake off
    But I think the craziest thing I've been called was a proud snob, and that around the same time I had such low self-esteem, like how??
    Lol
    People sha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Ima baby!! You're comments always put a smile on my face.
      I've actually been called a snub/proud the sad thing is I'm just shy when I meet people.
      Thank you for stopping by!💕💕

      Delete
    2. People can be so ignorant and petty. I remember one of my class mates fromantic secondary school who started a rumour that I was a lesbian, it was so bad that I had to be so self conscious. I was always watching how I talked or generally related with other girls in class. Looking back now I can simply laugh it off and just conclude that he was just so ignorant.
      My Style Look Book Series

      Delete
    3. I Actually had a similar experience but it didn't start as a rumor. This chick just "jokingly" called me a lesbian because Icomplemented a friend of mine. Was so self conscious, but later I realised it was a misconception most females had.
      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Don't go just yet! Share your thoughts with me, please?

more

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Tweets

Follow My Bloglovin'

Follow

Instagram